> Nomadic at Puso: My Antique Trip 2022

Saturday, July 16, 2022

My Antique Trip 2022


(Date Written: June 24, 2022)


It always feels good to have a place called hometown. This is where you go back over and over again every time there's a chance.

This is a home away from home. 

A quick escape from the busyness of city life. 

The vibe of provincial life is unexplainable in a good way.

A simple, peaceful, slow-living kind of life.

Where the sea and the mountains meet halfway and you live in between. 

People with the same face, then the culture and traditions that are still part of our lives.


And I am fortunate enough to have Antique, Philippines as my hometown. 


Last June 9, we flew to Antique. My brother and I traveled via Kalibo, then two hours of land travel going to our hometown.

My last visit here was way back on May 2019. 


It was nice to see familiar faces and places once again.

The following day, my brother and I went to the beach near our home to see the sunset. 

The waves were big as it's going to be a high tide later in the evening. 



And then the next morning, we went back to the beach to witness the sunrise. The sea was already calm and it's low tide just before the sun went up.

We rode on a kayak that we borrowed from our neighbor. 


Next, we went to a river resort that is owned by our relatives. 

And it felt amazing to be back here. The relaxing vibe was an overwhelming feeling. The cold river flow was easing all the stresses and pressures I had at work. When I was here, my thoughts and worries about work in Manila were nowhere to be found and I'm grateful for this short and quick escape.

And I may say that this was a much needed break.





I invite everyone to visit our province. 

Discover Antique! Kruhay!


There's a lot of places and tourist spots to visit here. 

And I will never get tired of going home here. 

One Proud Antiquena here! (two hands both raised)


This short break from my usual busy life is a blessing I am so grateful to have.

See you again soon my favorite hometown!

Oops! I only have one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)