> Nomadic at Puso: Manila Zoo

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Manila Zoo



Manila, Philippines

Date Visited: Oct. 30, 2013

It is supposed to be a wedding day of our dear friend. But since the party or reception ended early which is in Tramway Buffet, along Roxas Boulevard, my two young at heart friends decided to have a tour at the Manila Zoo.
I’ve been here for several times since I was a child.
At first, I was hesitant to go with them, since I’ve been there already for many times. But my two friends insisted that we should go because they haven’t been there yet.
My Gahd! Where are your childhood days, my dear friends?!!!
Hehe.

Some Facts and Infos about Manila Zoo:

It opened since 1959.
It has more than 800 animals.
The most popular animal there is Mali which was donated by Sri Lanka.
The zoo has been also a home to those animals which were rescued due to illegal catching and domestic petting.



The Trip:

The current entrance fee is Php. 40.00.
If you’re a resident of Manila, it has a discount and if you’re a senior citizen, it’s for free.

The very first creature that we saw and always see is the elephant named Mali. As I remember and seen on my old photos, there were two elephants there but I guessed the other one died already. *sad face*

Oh, well.
The next place we went is the aquariums for reptiles such as snakes and BIG Lizards. Hehe.
Followed by the turtles then alligators.

Then the zebras,  the sheeps, the deers, the tigers, the different kind of primates (our relatives. Harhar!), some fishes and the birds.

Sad thing, the giraffes were not there. *Sad face again* I was wondering where did they go?

The different kind of birds was everywhere pooping in the air. You’re lucky if you were able to catch its poops. Hahahah!


The hippopotamus which I never saw its face because it’s always at the pond drowning itself was still there.
We passed through a river with boats then we decided to experience it. Hehe!

My two friends were such a good boat driver, huh?!
They called me Madame while we were in there. Hehe.

I tried to paddle but for me it was hard so I gave them the throne of being the best boat drivers in town! Hahaha!

We also took a picture with an albino snake.
Good thing, we weren’t looked scared on our pictures. Hehe.

Every time I stare at an ostrich, I always get scared. Maybe because it looks so scary, that’s why. It feels like anytime, they will chase and bite you.

It was indeed a fun day for all of us!

We were tired but we were happy.

It was so much fun being a child again, discovering and entering the life and habitat of different animals.









No comments:

Post a Comment

:)