> Nomadic at Puso: My Birthday Trip: Manuel Uy Beach Resort, Calatagan Batangas

Monday, November 27, 2017

My Birthday Trip: Manuel Uy Beach Resort, Calatagan Batangas





Feb. 9 and 10, 2017 | Thursday and Friday

 


Started last year (2016), I see to it that I do something new during my birthdays.
So for this year, I planned to explore a new beach for overnight.

My destination for this year was the Manuel Uy Beach Resort in Calatagan, Batangas.
This resort is adjacent to Stilts Beach Resort or sometimes referred to as Maldives of the Philippines because of the resort rooms standing on the sea. I already tried the Stilts Beach last year.

Day 1 (Feb. 9, 2017) - Thursday


At 4 am, we left the Metropoint Mall in LRT Edsa- Taft and rode a van going to Calatagan Batangas. Fare was 200 pesos and it was almost a three-hour ride.
Upon reaching the Calatagan Terminal, we rode a tricycle that would bring us to Manuel Uy Beach. Fare was 200.

And then at 8 in the morning, hello Beach! I missed you! Hello, Manuel Uy Beach Resort!
 Welcome to us!




At Manuel Uy, there are no rooms yet. Though there are comfort rooms and store where you can buy basic stuffs that you need. 


Entrance fee for overnight is 200 (if I am not mistaken) plus 50 pesos for the tent pitching.  

We built a tent that will serve as our room for the night. The caretaker helped us. It was windy when we built it so we really needed some help. 

I’m glad that the staff there was accommodating and they even provided us some ropes and other support pegs that held our tent.  

And just had the best time of our lives.
 


Rest. Relax. Chill. Swim. Until the sun goes down. 
 

And when the night came with a lot of stars shining above, we’re ready for a bon fire. 
 


Since it was a weekday, there’s only few people who’s there.
And it was as if we owned the whole place for a night.
 


Day 2 (Feb. 10, 2017) – Friday


Good morning world!
We had the chance to roam around the beach for some nice photo op with the beautiful sunrise. 

I really love the brownish white color of the sand and we were able to walk through its sandbar. Yey!

 

Then at 10 am, we already left the place.

My footsteps left the island but my heart remains there. 


It was truly an unspoiled beach yet and I hope it will be maintained that way. Just like Burot Beach 
before.

Happy Birthday To Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)