> Nomadic at Puso: Mount Binacayan and Mount Pamintinan

Friday, February 26, 2016

Mount Binacayan and Mount Pamintinan

A Birthday Climb: Mount Binacayan and Mount Pamintinan
Twin Day Hike
Feb. 7, 2016

I joined a group of strangers with one goal for this day. And that is to conquer two mountains in one day. This was my birthday goal and I am actually happy that I was able to do it.



Our meet- up was at Jollibee Farmer’s Cubao at 4 in the morning. I will be hiking with 16 people whom I don’t know. But then later on, some of them became my new found friends.

Team Twin Hike :)


Along the way to Montalban, Rizal, we were able to know each other. Most especially during the climb.

Mount Binacayan Climb...

We started the jump off at the registration area at 7 a.m. and our first destination was Mount Binacayan.

It was a rocky climb. You will be needing gloves so it won’t hurt your hands.




It was a hard climb actually but the view from above was worth it. 




Plus the sea clouds welcomed us.
We passed thru three peaks as our guide calls it and every peak has a nice view. 

Pushing to the summit of Mount Binacayan...

Since it was weekend when we climbed, expect a heavy 'traffic' on the trail and even on the photo ops spots like those on the picture. I have to wait for my turn. 





A Squad goal be like: 

Please take note that we don't know each other yet before the climb. :) But when we were at the summit, everyone seems like an old friend. So happy to meet all of them. 

We were called by the organizer as Group 1. :) By the way, thank you Sir Ged Marcos! I think every week he organizes a climb to open for joiners. No downpayment needed, just go to the meeting place on time. As for the amount, we paid 550 pesos all-in expense from Cubao. Food excluded. Just search for his facebook account.

Walang indianan! Huwag maging paasa! Masakit. 

We then did a traverse going down.


Before twelve noon, we were already back at the jump –off and had our lunch on a nearby cafeteria. There are countless eateries near the registration area or DENR so food is not a problem.





Mount Pamintinan Climb...

By 12:30, we were then ready to climb the next mountain which was Mount Pamintinan.    

We passed thru a hanging bridge and took a cemented stairs. It was tiring going up, I promise! 
Though the trail was grassland until the junction. 



After a long climb and tiring climb due to some assaults and long stairs all the way up, we reached the place they called “Junction”. This place that has a lot of sari-sari stores will lead you to three different destinations. 

(Sorry, I forgot to take some photos here)
Mas dinamdam ko yung hingal at pagod paakyat dun sa sementadong hagdan!

These destinations are: to the summit of Mount Pamintinan, summit of Mount Hapunang Banoi and going down to Wawa Dam.  


Going to the summit of Mount Pamintinan is as rocky as Mount Binacayan. Again, you will be needing gloves. Some rocks are too sharp and pointed. Extra cautiousness is needed here.

The view from top is breath taking. Sierra Madre Mountain ranges amazed me. Even Mount Arayat of Pampanga can be seen from afar.

That's Mount Pamintinan as my bg. :)



Mount Hapunang Banoi on my left, Mount Ayaas on the right.


Wawa Dam Traverse...

We were then back to the Junction and did the traverse via Wawa Dam. The way down was easy that we even run. Trail runners lang ang peg namin.

We passed through mini falls, and long streams of river. Our eyes just can’t stop adoring the whole place.  

We have gone to Wawa Dam before going back to our jump-off.

We even had some photo ops because the place once again amazed me. I have gone here at Wawa Dam three years ago and there has a lot of improvement happened. It was good news of course because tourism would be higher in demand.

One of the mini falls we passed through...

And now I belong to Group 2. Some of my group members didn't push through with the second climb, it was just the three of us left. And then those two left me at the Junction. They first went ahead.

Yeah, iniwan nila ako. Pero okay lang sanay na. 


Squad goal be like again:
In between the two mountains we just conquered :)



Wawa Dam watch tower at our side, wawa dam and cottages below


By 6 in the evening, we were all ready to go home.


This trip would always be memorable to me. This was my first solo-hike (well for me, it was solo since I climbed without people I already know.), a birthday goal that I was able to achieve, and most of all, I met nice people that eventually became my new found friends.

Till my next climb! J


P.S. I want to post more pictures but my internet connection didn't allow me. The connection is more than a snail! :(


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)