> Nomadic at Puso: Summer Hike at Mt. Paliparan and Tungtong Falls

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Summer Hike at Mt. Paliparan and Tungtong Falls


May 12, 2018
Mt. Paliparan and Tungtong Falls
(562+ MASL)
Tanay, Rizal




I deeply thank God for always allowing me to explore places I have never been gone yet. Thank you for the good health, physical strength, financial capability, available time and great friends that I am able to enjoy life!
Life may be short and we should never stop appreciating all the good things happening in our life.

Thank you so much for that opportunity to have an introduction that is running on my mind while writing this update on my adventures.  (Bows down). Ha-ha!

This day’s Saturday hike destination was at Mt. Paliparan in Tanay, Rizal.
According to the locals, it was named Mt. Paliparan because years ago, there were father and son who loves to go at its summit just to fly kites.
I don’t know if it’s true but I’m thankful that I had the chance to go there!

We had a meet up at Jollibee Farmers Cubao at 4 am. We were four in the group for this day’s hike.
From Cubao, we rode a jeep going to Cogeo. Then from Cogeo, we rode another Jeep going to Sampaloc Tanay.

The jeepney driver drop us off at Barangay Cuyambay then we rode a tricycle going to the Barangay to register. Registration fee was Php 100.00. I remember when we went there last January 2017 to hike the Maysawa Circuit, the fee was only Php. 20.00.
Anyway, after securing a guide, we started the hike at 5:30 in the morning.

It was a bit sunny when we hiked so we could feel more tiredness up to the summit.
But we were able to reached it in a span of two hours!



Then we went to the Dumagat community to have our early lunch.




And then for the traverse, we’re off to Tungtong Falls for a fresh dip!






At two in the afternoon we were ready to go home!
Yes, it was just a short hike but we enjoyed it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

:)