> Nomadic at Puso: The BIG Trip – BACOLOD-ILOILO-GUIMARAS

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The BIG Trip – BACOLOD-ILOILO-GUIMARAS




July 19-21, 2018
Bacolod
Iloilo
Guimaras 



This trip was a dream come true! Well, for me.
I really wanted to travel these three lovely provinces of Philippines’ region six and I thanked Project Pearls for giving me that kind of opportunity.
It may be a short trip but it was worth it!
Here’s the link to the article I wrote for Project Pearls regarding our Guimaras outreach.

(Enjoy reading!)



The B.I.G. itinerary
Day 1.

July 19 at 4 a.m. – We were already at the airport and we were bound to Iloilo.
It was a bit delayed flight.
We reached the City of Love at past 6 in the morning.



I’ve been to Iloilo several times already but I still love and eager to be back here over and over again! There’s so many places in here to explore yet.

Then we headed straight to Guimaras.
It was my first time going to Guimaras and excitement filled me!
We rode a boat from Iloilo Port going to Guimaras.
That boat ride was an amazing one! It was a thrilling experience because of the large waves. It felt as if we were riding on a roller coaster and we enjoyed it!




After thirty minutes, we finally landed on the Paradise of Mangoes.
Hello there, Guimaras! Nice to meet you up close and personal!



We bought some food and snacks for the elementary students of Dasal Elementary School then we finally went to the said school.
The whole school warmly welcomed us and we felt so honored by the students whose all smiles were for us!



After the activity and lunch, we were back in Iloilo for hotel check in, quick rest and then dinner.


Day 2.
Back to Guimaras.

The following day, we were back again at Guimaras for another outreach at another elementary school.
Again, we enjoyed the bumpy boat ride.





It was really nice to be with kids! I think, I'm used to it!




After the activity at school, we had a short stop for pasalubong-buying and of course some photo op!




Then before lunch, we were back at Iloilo for a food trip!
We went to Talabahan/ Oyster restaurant for our lunch and then tried a humble yet famous café inside a market in the heart of the city of Iloilo.


We were back to the hotel for a short rest then we went out again for a classy dinner.





Day 3.

Good morning Bacolod! I was so excited to see you for this day!


It was an hour boat ride away from Iloilo. And thank you for the good weather that we were able to enjoy our last day of this trip to the city of smiles!

We went to the famous The Ruins and ate on a native Inasal/Letson Manok (grilled chicken) restaurant!


And then by after lunch, we were back to Iloilo to catch our night flight.
Thanks God for the entire happy and safe trip.


Yey! It was another two “Firsts” for me and my heart was so full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)