> Nomadic at Puso: Hara

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Hara

 March 7, 2021

 



I have this sweet little god daughter whom I truly cherish and love. Her name is Empress Johara or Hara for short. I usually call her as Ate Hara because she’s now a big and kind sister to her younger sibling, Akira.

Hara is celebrating her 7th birthday today. I was not able to attend her birthday party but we had a video call with her along with her other ninongs and ninangs.

Hara’s mom is one of my best friends since college. Hara’s mom has been one of my confidant and closest person to run to whenever I have problems and rants about life and love. Sleepovers, out of town trips, coffee shops, resto and bar hopping, her mom is my greatest company. We shared each other’s dreams and heartaches, even passion in writing and books. We had wasted nights, crying nights, and wondering nights together.

And when Hara was brought into this world, I was one of the few people who first knew about it. I’m thankful for the trust and reliance her mom gave to me.

I witnessed her growth and also her mom’s struggles and pains while bringing her up.

I’m happy to be her somehow second mother. From her baptism up to her previous birthdays, I usually make time to be with her and run errands with her mother.

Only this time that I didn’t make it to her birthday due to some personal reasons. Nevertheless, I still had time to have a video call with her and greet her on her special day. Also, I’ve got to see her a week ago when we did her birthday photoshoot.

Also, together with her parents, we always have a reunion at least once or twice a year. And that usually happens every Christmas. I always get to see her grow taller and prettier!

I’m thankful that I’ve got to stay connected with her and with her mom as well because I still get the chance to see her grow into a kinder and more loving girl. Currently, she has a lot of stories to tell and I pray that she will never stop being close with me and to her parents as well. May she never run out of wonderful stories to share with us.

I pray that she will be the best woman she could ever be. I also pray that she will remain kind, God-fearing, family oriented and she’ll be full of dreams that she will do her best to reach all of it. I will always believe in her and guide her with the best that I can. I also love being her personal photographer until she grows up.

I am also looking forward to a strong woman just like her mom that she will become. I do hope that she’ll be a true friend because her mom is just like that to me.

Happy 7th birthday, Hara! Ninang always loves you!

Knowing your parents very well, you’ll be just fine and for sure, you will grow up being the best that you can be.

Love,

Ninang

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)