> Nomadic at Puso: China Town Manila

Monday, July 29, 2013

China Town Manila



A Day Tour at China Town Manila

My itinerary for this week: China Town, Sta.Cruz/ Binondo Manila
(cto)


It was my first time to be in this place and I’m so lucky enough to find the restaurant that I am looking for. Very much thanks to Google Map. Hehe.


I got here via public transportation.
Since I am from Taguig City, I rode a jeep going Pasay Rotonda and took the LRT Line 1
 I dropped down at Carriedo Station then had a not so long walk going to China Town. 

It was Sunday so I decided to hear a mass at a nearby church which is the Sta. Cruz Parish Church. It was also my first time there and there was a saying that, if it is your first time to enter a church, you may take a wish and so I did! Wish me luck on this because I so much hope that it will come true. Hehe. 

cto   


a photo taken inside Sta Cruz Church





At the main entrance of the said church, you may already see the entrance going to China Town by its long street which is Ongpin Street.

cto

China Town has become well-known because of its Chinese classic restaurants and low-priced jewelries.
China Town is a community of Chinese and Filipino living in harmony.
For me, it was just like any other typical barangays here in the country but what it differs is that, almost all the people living there and establishing a business were Chinese or half Chinese.

Not so fortunate day for me and my date buddy, it rained that day. But that didn’t stop us in discovering China Town and so we search for the restaurant that I wanted to eat at.

It was CafĂ© Mezzanine. A business established for fire volunteers. The restaurant’s income directly goes to the expenses of fire volunteers in Manila. It was such a noble act by its owner. We also tried the very famous Eng Bee Tin Hopia and now I know why it was so popular. So yummy! 

finally we're here! :)
 
argghhh! I want more of this :)

Their food is great and its price is also reasonable. I just love their mango shake! Surely, I’ll be back next time to try their other specialties.
 
I’m craving for fried siopao. I will find you soon! Haha!

And this journey is not yet done. I will still walk on Manila one of these days again and will discover another great things, places and foods they are rich of.

I just hope that next time when I’ll be back there, it wasn’t raining anymore so it won’t spoil the fun and adventure.

Till next time, Manila! 

Kudos from us! Much Love! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

:)