> Nomadic at Puso: Signs

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Signs


Literally speaking these are the things we see in our everyday lives that has a meaning to follow or to believe.

There are many definitions of signs as well as its interpretation and kinds.

I strongly that believe this is the basic unit of Meaning.

According to Wikipedia,  a Sign is a representation of an object that implies a connection between itself and its object. A natural sign bears a causal relation to its object for instance, thunder is a sign of storm. A conventional sign signifies by agreement, as a full stop signifies the end of a sentence. (This is in contrast to a symbol which stands for another thing, as a flag may be a symbol of a nation).

The way a sign signifies is called semiosis which is a topic of semiotics and philosophy of language.


Like the traffic signs and instruction signage. These are all part of our lives and we are already used to it.


For me, there are two kinds of sign. The first one is what I have stated earlier. While the second one is this.
These are the things we asked from God above if we are aiming for something. A typical, hopeless romantic, faithful girl halfly believes in Signs.

Once in a while, I tried to ask for these. Some people say that it is true while others don’t believe in it.

I don’t know if these signs are true and I also don’t know if it means that I should not go for what I want or it is a challenge that I have to conquer.

While walking on a mall last night I saw an Ad saying that I should only depend on myself for what I want to happen in my life. This is my life after all so my fate will depend on my own doings.


Haha. I’m just sharing my thoughts.

Whether you believe in Signs or not, our future only depends on ourselves. Through hard work, diligence and patience, we can succeed. 

I may say that Signs are guides for us. Just like what God is doing on all of us.

It’s not bad to ask for signs but it’s also better to do what you really want wholeheartedly.

Our fate depends on us and these are my thoughts for today.

J

-Lain-

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)