> Nomadic at Puso: Alaminos, Pangasinan

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Alaminos, Pangasinan

The Home of the Hundred Island.
 
My first visit here was last March 2011.
As a first timer, three days were not enough for me to enjoy the beauty of it and to roam all over the place.
Such an explorer! I love you so much, Dora! Hehe.
We go there via public transpo and the fare costs us 300 pesos for a one way ride. The bus terminals going to Pangasinan were located at Cubao. We chose to ride the Five Star bus.
After six hours, Alaminos here we come!
It’s the hometown of someone so special to me that’s why it wasn’t hard for us to find a place to stay. His father and its family were living there.

The next morning, we visited the Hundred Islands at Brgy. Lucap. There were many other tourists who were visiting the national park.
I think the boat fare going to different islands would be Php. 1,000.00 to Php. 2, 000.00 depending on your negotiation with the bangkeros. Since his father is a local there and got a bangkero friend we had a ride for free! Yippee! Hehe.

I didn’t miss the chance to swim! The cool and clean water of the wide sea will truly attract you to soak despite of the warm summer air.


Together with his family and other relatives living there, we had a whole day bonding at the beach.

Fresh and different kinds of sea foods were on the table and I couldn’t control my mouth from watering. I ate all that I could! There were also some dishes that I first encountered like seaweed salad and others. All the foods were so yummy! And this is so called a food trip!

The fine white sand invited me to walk on the shoreline barefooted and I just felt that oh this is really life beyond city living….

I also couldn’t control my finger from clicking and clicking at my camera because of the very beautiful scenery out there.
Truly nature is so amazing!
I promised to be back there and so I did! We celebrate the New Years Eve there last December 31, 2012 and as for the first day of the Year 2013, the beach welcomed us once again.

I haven’t taste the very famous longanisa during my first visit so for the second time around I grabbed the opportunity to go to the wet market and bought one kilo of it.
Now I know why it became so famous. It’s really delicious that up to now I still can remember what it tasted like.
I am actually craving for it from time to time! Hehe.

I also had the chance to visit its old church and fortunately to hear mass. I am very fond of old churches and I couldn’t help myself to be so amazed by its structure. Oh I just wished that I had climbed its bell tower. Maybe next time! Haha.
I also heard that a nearby airport is already under construction. Good news! Well, I just hope that it wasn’t only a rumor because it will surely improve the province’s tourism.
Modern establishments like malls are just around so it would not be hard for you to buy all your needs.
There is also a central wet and dry market where you can make the 100 percent pinoy trait which is tawaran. I became expert of this. Thanks to my personal trainer. Hehe!
Alaminos, Pangasinan may not be my hometown but I would love to go back there again and again.
Not only because of the beautiful and breath taking sceneries we can see out there but as well as with the people who warmly welcomed me.


It’s more fun in Pangasinan, specifically Alaminos!
So take time to visit the very first declared National Park of the country and surely you will never regret visiting this place. One hundred and one percent guaranteed!

>Lain

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)