> Nomadic at Puso: Tibiao, Antique

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tibiao, Antique


I-travel: Tibiao, Antique
My hometown

Tibiao, Antique has been a big part of my life. This is where I was born. And I am very proud to be a Tibiaonon!

Minsan ng sinabi ni Dr. Jose Rizal, ang taong hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay mas masahol pa sa mabaho at malansang isda.

Ito ang lugar na hinding hindi ko makakalimutan habang ako ay nabubuhay. Kahit pa na madalang pa sa patak ng ulan sa disyerto kung umuwi ako dito ay ayos lang. Bawat pagpunta ko naman dito ay sinusulit kong talaga ang aking bakasyon.

Kumustahan with my relatives, ligo sa dagat at pasyal sa kung saan saan.  

It’s been a pleasure na unti unti ng nakikilala ang Tibiao. Thanks to my cousin, Flord Nicson Calawag who’s playing a major role in promoting our province as one of the fastest growing tourist spots in the Philippines.

It’s more fun in Tibiao!

How to get here:

There are two options:
1.  Ride a plane via Caticlan, Kalibo or Ilo-ilo.  Then ride a bus going to Tibiao, Antique.

2.  Ride a roro. But the travel time for this is less than 12 hours.
The last time I went here, I booked a flight going to Iloilo since I have friends and cousin to visit there also. It will be a four hours travel from Ilo-ilo city to Tibiao. You can enjoy the trip by the sceneries you can see outside the window.
Lumaki ako sa maynila na puro nagtataasang gusali ang nakikita kung kaya’t tuwang tuwa ako sa luntiang paligid na nakikita ko.

My first stop:

My auntie’s house. They also started a business of Fish Spa at isa rin ito sa dinadayo ng mga turista sa aming lugar.

After eating lunch, I went to my lola’s house and to my other relatives. Pagdating ng hapon, muli kong nasilayan ang baybaying dagat na masaya naming pinagliliguang magpipinsan noon.
 What a perfect time to reminisce my childhood days!

Tibiao is a two hour drive to the very famous Boracay in Caticlan.

Must visit in Tibiao is also the Bugtong Bato falls na ilang beses na ring na I feature sa iba’t ibang programa sa telebisyon.

Here you can enjoy the water not only through swimming but also with kayaking. And Kawa Hot bath is also a must try!

 Masarap balik balikan ang lugar na aking pinagmulan.





No comments:

Post a Comment

:)